This key position is responsible for managing the full life cycle of major IT infrastructure engagement delivery work across a dynamic global footprint. This includes providing detailed strategic planning for technology roadmaps, in-depth contractual oversight, and in-depth financial oversight across a wide variety of operational areas.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Manages to the department's approved business plan, including budget and staffing plans.
- Provides support and direction for designs, standards, policies, benchmarks, and guidelines for the infrastructure now and in the future (maximizing availability, supportability, security, and operability) relative to:
- Network Engineering
- Telephony Engineering
- Call recording and Analytics
- Telecom infrastructure and billing
- Provides thought leadership for the fundamental transformation of the entire IT infrastructure organization in process and cultural evolution to support key digital transformation objectives.
- Provides experience and thought leadership in transformational technologies such as Software Defined Networks, Cloud ACD, network virtualization, automation, and data analytics
- Provides leadership in maintaining a culture of continuous process improvement
- Drives the development and maintenance of detailed financial processes and governance models
- Provides leadership and direction to other IT Infrastructure leadership on contract reviews and negotiations
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and processes to meet a broad range of compliance requirements related to SOX, PCI, ISO and other industry standards. Educates IT and non-IT resources on compliance components as related to IT and ensures that these items are enforced.
- Interacts with Architecture departments to gather and provide deployment data and engineering requirements to inform technology roadmaps. Oversees the review of architectural proposals and ensures detailed feedback is provided to improve these proposals.
- Experience managing infrastructure teams as they adopt agile methodologies
- Manages and provides guidance on the implementation of processes and technology related to items such as infrastructure as code, network programmability, automation, and orchestration.
Desired qualifications, skills and experienceEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Provides design and engineering leadership in network transformation via SDN technologies such as SD-WAN/SD-Access, automation, orchestration, and network virtualization
- Directs engineering and management staff on all aspects of SOX compliance including detailed process flows, compliance governance, and automation of compliance tasks
- Directs engineering and management staff on all aspects of PCI compliance including detailed process flows, compliance governance, and automation of compliance tasks
- Ensures processes are in place for complete documentation of technology environment to remain current, including detailed information on support of business plans and objectives.
- Oversees and provides guidance on plans to ensure that all business-enabling technology within the company is reliable and of sufficient capacity to meet business needs and that projects align with the stated company business strategy.
- Reviews client contracts and works with IT Operations, Operations, and Sales to implement client infrastructure architecture. Maintains current working knowledge of client base and associated technology solutions.
- Supports Sales team in client presentations and RFP/MSA reviews relative to technology components.
- Provides management and technical leadership in resolving design/development issues and ensures effective coordination between all IT functions and other departments.
- Verifies quality assurance efforts of infrastructure and associated quality metrics, benchmarks, and guidelines.
- Provides recommendations on architectural changes and design enhancements to the infrastructure to improve reliability and performance, reduce cost, and anticipate Company growth.
- Creates / updates policies, procedures, and documentation to adapt to new technologies and business requirements.
- Coordinates and acts as liaison with vendors and business partners of various organizations to procure equipment and services related to technology systems.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of company standards and the overall local, regional, and global infrastructure environments.
- Performs ongoing oversite of technology fine tuning, upgrades, and enhancements to optimize performance, availability, stability, and security.
- Responsible for performing frequent network trending and analysis and making recommendations and changes accordingly to maximize performance and minimize costs.
- Staff Management and Development:
- Establishes support guidelines and outlines roles and responsibility.
- Directs contributions from multiple engineering and support teams in a matrix, international organization, including goals and objectives management, guidance, assessment, and feedback.
- Oversees leadership and technical development (i.e., continuous improvement) of IT staff to maintain pace with technological and organizational progress.
- Travels to international sites as appropriate to provide guidance and manage resource efforts.
Bachelor's degree in computer engineering/science or related field required. 15 years of IT infrastructure experience, 10 years managing and leading IT infrastructure teams. QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Prior experience managing technical staff in multiple locations preferred
- Exceptional business architecture and/or strategy skills with a practical, technology-focused orientation. Technical background combined with a Business perspective.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes, and technology
- Strong track record of providing transformational thought leadership to a large infrastructure team
- Proven experience managing dedicated telecommunications teams and driving cost savings and efficiencies via management of assets and contracts across a wide number of service provider vendors covering a global footprint
- Experience managing engineering teams supporting large Avaya ACD systems and all associated adjuncts
- Experience overseeing and developing strategies for migration to cloud ACD providers
- In-depth experience managing an engineering team supporting an international Cisco network
- Direct oversight responsibility of successful execution of major network transformation projects
- Experience managing large call recording implementation in compliance environments. Detailed experience planning and deploying advanced systems such as speech to text and speech analytics systems
- In-depth expertise driving financial models in IT infrastructure teams, managing complex budgets, and reducing costs across IT Infrastructure deployments
- Proven experience deploying programmability, automation, and orchestration across a variety of infrastructure technology including network and telephony deployments
- Well versed on industry literature related to business and digital transformation with experience implementing change in an IT infrastructure team to identify and meet transformation goals
- In-depth understanding of a wide breadth of compliance standards such as SOX, PCI, SOC, ISO, etc. Experience guiding and managing teams deploying infrastructure under compliance guidelines and experience managing compliance audit processes
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a complex environment using leading-edge technology and diverse user systems.
- Ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, tax rates, amortization, present value, ROA, ROI, total cost of ownership, proportions, percentages, mean, standard deviation, network traffic modeling, average utilization, and peak concurrent utilization.
- Experience managing a large budget consisting of capital and operating expenses
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts for pricing and working closely with legal teams on technical components of MSA, maintenance contracts, SOW, etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
SYKES Enterprise services support the worldwide delivery of quality customer care from our call centers and our large home-based workforce. Our high-performance team manages a challenging array of cloud, web- and- mobile based solutions that integrate a dispersed workforce and multiple clients. Information security, network administration and software development are part of our comprehensive global portfolio. IT professionals with a passion for challenging and meaningful work in a fast-paced industry will find a home and a rewarding career here.EEO statement
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.