Job descriptionGENERAL PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for ensuring that the technology stack of the Security organization continues to develop in order to meet the needs of the business and regulatory, client, and industry requirements for cyber security. This role is a subject matter expert, capable of effectively interpreting and articulating complex technical solutions, to enable leadership and peer groups to determine suitable, feasible infrastructure designs to efficiently manage risk. This role will ensure that monitoring, reporting, and alerting technologies provide leading guidance to resolve investigations, incident management, penetration testing, and vulnerability management.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required qualifications, skills and experienceEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; capable of building relationships with teams and individuals outside of the Security and IT domains.
- Maintains project/task management prioritization when executing the requests of SYKES leadership and customers.
- Sufficient technical depth to design, implement, and resolve issues with leading security technologies and supporting infrastructure; staying abreast of changing threats and technologies, providing technical expertise, establishing strategic direction, and mentoring other personnel to develop the technical level of the Security organization.
- Develop, drive and lead security architecture, standards and processes in alignment with the expectations of the business and industry best practice.
- Effectively communicates security posture in succinct language with minimal jargon, providing options to best mitigate identified risks.
- Performs reviews and audits of high technical complexity, application and hardware assessments, vulnerability scans, penetration tests etc.
- Partner with IT Architecture teams on project implementations to drive security engagement.
- Demonstrated experience establishing, monitoring & reporting cyber security compliance/risk management metrics
- Provides guidance in support of cyber incident response.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field and ten(10)+ years experience in the design and implementation of large-scale, multi-tiered, security infrastructure. Any equivalent combination of related training/education and experience required (equivalent certifications or work-attained qualifications are applicable). CISSP/CISM required. CISA, CEH, GIAC or other vendor specific security modules desired.
Demonstrated experience in the following technologies highly desired:
- Microsoft Platform (Windows, Active Directory, O365)
- Vulnerability Scanning & Reporting (Tenable preferred)
- Penetration Testing (Core Impact and Metasploit)
- FireEye /Mandiant products (Endpoint Detection, Managed Defense, etc.)
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention (Bro/Zeek, SNORT etc.)
- SIEM & Log Management (Sumo Logic, Splunk, JASK, etc.)
- Email Security (Proofpoint, Mimecast, KnowBe4)
- Data Loss Prevention (O365, Code2 etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must demonstrate a keen understanding of security as a business enabler.
- Effective project management skills, including the ability to plan, organize, prioritize, & balance multiple tasks and/or projects to ensure target dates & goals are achieved.
- Must have effective analytical abilities, strong interpersonal skills & the maturity & motivation to work effectively across project teams.
- Ability to build relationships & work in a team atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written..
- Deep knowledge of Information Security principles and practices.
- Deep knowledge in a variety of contemporary computing technology areas.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and flexible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and/or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.About SYKES
SYKES Enterprise services support the worldwide delivery of quality customer care from our call centers and our large home-based workforce. Our high-performance team manages a challenging array of cloud, web- and- mobile based solutions that integrate a dispersed workforce and multiple clients. Information security, network administration and software development are part of our comprehensive global portfolio. IT professionals with a passion for challenging and meaningful work in a fast-paced industry will find a home and a rewarding career here.EEO statement
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.