This position is responsible for performing a variety of technical and administrative duties relating to the human resources functions and programs in the areas of recruitment, payroll, employee relations, leave of absence and unemployment compensation for the U.S. call centers.Required qualifications, skills and experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Desired qualifications, skills and experience
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Assists in site employee relations activities to include annual employee appreciation events, cook outs, etc.
- Performs out-processing of employees to include exit interviews via email.
- Assists with new hire on-boarding processes.
- Investigates and uploads documentation for Worker's Compensation claims into case management system.
- Assists when necessary with any payroll discrepancies ensuring hours captured are accurately reported through time keeping systems and changes are made via the appropriate channels. Serves as liaison between Payroll department and site to communicate information on payroll issues and provide information to employees.
- Assists with dissemination of information pertaining to changes in employee benefit plans, annual open enrollment and other changes to new or existing benefit plan offerings.
- Serves as liaison between Leaves department and employees who request information on FMLA, leaves for emergency medical reasons and military requests. Assists employees requesting ADA and religious accommodations following company leave guidelines.
- Provides unemployment documentation when necessary to internal parties requesting information per the request of state agencies.
- Performs accounts payable duties and other accounting functions as needed.
- Ensures accurate filing, purging and storage of all personnel records in accordance with SYKES' records retention policies.
- Responsible for reports on attrition, PTO, employee phone numbers, etc. utilizing HRIS system.
- Directs and receives calls and visitors at the site as back up to Receptionist.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required and a minimum of two years human resources or related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must maintain the highly confidential nature of Human Resource work and employees personnel information/file
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and demonstrate flexibility
- Must work effectively with employees as well as Managers.
- Ability to support multiple managers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- PC skills (email, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required, HRIS experience a plus
- Self generator, initiative, and Team Player
SYKES Enterprise services support the worldwide delivery of quality customer care from our call centers and our large home-based workforce. Our high-performance team manages a challenging array of cloud, web- and- mobile based solutions that integrate a dispersed workforce and multiple clients. Information security, network administration and software development are part of our comprehensive global portfolio. IT professionals with a passion for challenging and meaningful work in a fast-paced industry will find a home and a rewarding career here.EEO statement