Job descriptionGENERAL PURPOSE: *This position is only open to candidates who currently reside in the Greater Ashburn, VA area.
This position implements and maintains complex infrastructure in a mission critical environment and acts as the organization's subject matter expert regarding environmental requirements, support systems, cabling, capacity and space planning, systems redundancy and fail-over, disaster recovery, and related policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required qualifications, skills and experienceQUALIFICATIONS:
- Adherence to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity
- Incident Management Level 3 - Provides support to include resolution and re-engineering and facilitates all electrical environmental requirements.
- Server/Application Implementation - Validate requirements; validate system designs; facilitates installation and server builds and prepares change implementation documentation. Supports development, test and training environments. Develops technical specifications for procurement of systems, equipment, and services for Advanced Systems.
- Documentation - document all areas of the data center, including but not limited to cabling, power, client applications, and security.
- Change Administration - Acts as a key participant in change management or Request to Implement (RTI) and submits change control documentation in accordance with SYKES standards.
- IT Physical Asset Management - Responsible for IT asset management for Data Center and provides reports to management and the Sykes Asset Manager in accordance with SYKES standards.
- Data Center Responsibilities - tracks, plans, and documents systems in the data center. Coordinates with internal departments to plan upgrades in data center facilities and oversees all activities associated with data center. Responsibilities include:
- Validates documentation and directly oversees all installations
- Implement data center standards and best practices
- Tracks, plans, and documents systems in Sykes-owned and co-located data centers.
- Coordinates with internal departments to plan upgrades in data center facilities and systems
- Provides input for system moves within regional locations
- Oversees technical activities associated with all regional data centers
- Implements data center engineering standards and best practices and makes recommendations for improvements to senior IT management and Data Center Architect.
- Ensure compliance with legal and administrative regulations governing the operation of data centers
- Oversees installations and conducts training on data center support systems
- Conducts inspections to ensure compliance with legal and administrative regulations
- Researches technical specifications for procurement of systems, equipment, and services
- Prepare weekly status reports on data center activities within defined responsibilities
- Ensure backup and disaster avoidance and recovery plans for the data centers are documented and updated regularly
- Ensure cleanliness and proper layout of all equipment inside the data center as specified in the Sykes Standards documentation
- Creates Data Center status reports validates monitoring capabilities, validate systems data, tracks environmental system status
- facilitates drills to test staff response capabilities
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Expert understanding of the following:
- Data cabling standards and best practices
- Power and air distribution systems
- Develop power and air conditioning requirements
- Environmental regulations governing data center facilities and operations such as TIA/EAI 942 and the Uptime Institute
- Physical and systems security issues impacting on data center and IT room operations
- Working knowledge of the following highly desirable:
- Raritan PowerIQ
- Sunbird dcTrack
- Environmental Controls and HVAC
- Avaya and Cisco experience
- Understanding of System Administration - Preferred
- Physical and systems security issues impacting data center operations
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Visio, MS Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience and ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.About SYKES
SYKES Enterprise services support the worldwide delivery of quality customer care from our call centers and our large home-based workforce. Our high-performance team manages a challenging array of cloud, web- and- mobile based solutions that integrate a dispersed workforce and multiple clients. Information security, network administration and software development are part of our comprehensive global portfolio. IT professionals with a passion for challenging and meaningful work in a fast-paced industry will find a home and a rewarding career here.EEO statement
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.