Job descriptionGENERAL PURPOSE:*This position is only open to candidates who currently reside in the Greater Tampa Bay area.
This position supports the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs and performs tasks in one or more human resources functional areas including: benefits; employee relations; policy administration and training. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required qualifications, skills and experienceEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity
- Responds to first-line HR questions from employees, managers, HR staff, and payroll
- Manages various administrative tasks such as coordinating training materials and data analysis
- Backs up other HR Specialists and Cross-train in various areas of human resources to maximize staff flexibility
- Assist with HR process improvement initiatives
- Educate, assist and coach employees and managers on human resources policies and processes and interpret policies to employees
- Handles the distribution of employee communications materials
- Establish and maintain solid working relations across HR and all levels of management to ensure consistency and sharing of HR best practices, solicit information and feedback and keep all parties apprised of appropriate/common issues
- Ensures compliance with all appropriate federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Provides regular status reporting and documentation for analysis
- Will occasionally serve as site receptionist for Tampa office
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Associates/Bachelor's degree preferred, three years plus experience in a lead service delivery capacity required; or any equivalent combination of related training/education and experience. Experience working with information systems and related data in a customer service capacity strongly recommended.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong PC skills required (Email, Word, Excel, HRIS, and PowerPoint)
- Relevant experience with vendor, third party administrator, HRIS/Benefits, and Payroll systems
- Extensive knowledge of human resources fundamentals
- Understanding of US employment law, relevant statutes and guidelines and best practices.
- Requires sufficient judgment to escalate complex questions to more senior staff for guidance or handling
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to handle and appropriately prioritize multiple priorities
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer relations with all levels of management and employees
- Always maintains confidentiality and uses discretion
- Ability to work well across company lines and locations
- Consistent timely follow-up and excellent attention to detail
- Flexible to work at home and in office as business requires
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.About SYKES
SYKES Enterprise services support the worldwide delivery of quality customer care from our call centers and our large home-based workforce. Our high-performance team manages a challenging array of cloud, web- and- mobile based solutions that integrate a dispersed workforce and multiple clients. Information security, network administration and software development are part of our comprehensive global portfolio. IT professionals with a passion for challenging and meaningful work in a fast-paced industry will find a home and a rewarding career here.EEO statement
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.