SYKES, now the Sitel Group® is looking for an Assistant Controller to join our Accounting team. Within our team, you'll join an energized and positive organization dedicated to rolling up their sleeves to deliver value-added solutions, products and services for our clients.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the monthly accounting close process and monthly preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP. In addition, you will be responsible for managing the accounts payable and general ledger teams for the North American Operations region. Responsibilities:
Required qualifications, skills and experienceSkills/Abilities/Knowledge:
- Managing and conducting monthly closing process, general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation with related supporting schedules
- Provide leadership and support to the accounts payable and general ledger accounting teams located in United States, India and the Philippines
- Oversees the centralized AP function to ensure that the invoices and vendor payments are processed timely, accurately, and consistently
- Ensures that the North American accounting processes, policies and procedures are compliant with established controls and meets corporate standards
- Handle all financial reporting including, but not limited to: tax packages, TARF reports, transfer pricing, Accounts Receivable, CAPEX, monthly forecasts and all other reporting as requested from the Operations teams, corporate accounting and/or the audit teams
- Play an integral role in developing financial internal controls for the North American region
- Ensuring that there is compliance on statutory obligations, including the filing of all property, sales/use, and other non-income tax returns to include Canada GST/HST, withholding, garnishments, workers compensation, internal and external audits
- Participates in monthly global strategic and forecast calls and quarterly business reviews
- Key business partner to the senior Finance and Operational leadership team
- Partnering with Treasury and other departments as needed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with and inspire trust from the senior management team
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.
- Minimum 5- 8 years' experience, with strong GAAP experience required
- Must have Oracle EBS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master's preferred, but not required
- CPA preferred, but not required
SYKES Is now part of the Sitel Group®
Learn, Lead & Grow at Sitel Group®
We believe experiences are everything, and that happy associates are successful ones. That's why we give our people the tools and the freedom to learn, grow, have fun and be themselves.
• GROW AS YOU GO. We invest in you, with internal programs, training, and initiatives to develop your skills and help you reach your goals. We promote from within. We provide you with the tools, skills, and resources to develop, both professionally and personally. You choose where you want to go; we help you get there.
• BE BOLD, BE YOU. #SitelLife represents our commitment to our people -to YOU. It's about coming exactly as you are. We empower everyone to live their truth, be themselves and use their voice -and we give them a platform to do so.
• WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE AN IMPACT. We strive to make the world a better place and empower others to do the same. We are mission-driven -and we leverage the power of our people to make a positive impact in the communities in which we live and work.
• GAIN STABILITY, EXPAND POSSIBILITIES. We celebrate successes and reward our people for the hard work they do every day. We offer benefits to keep you healthy and happy, such as paid time off and referral bonuses. Plus, fun perks like employee discounts.
• MAXIMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE. We value open, honest, and constructive conversation. We encourage you to speak up -and we listen when you do. Through MAX, our global community, we leverage our people's innovative ideas, experiences, and feedback to shape and drive the future of Sitel Group®.
As one of the largest global providers of customer experience (CX) products and solutions, Sitel Group® empowers brands to build stronger relationships with their customers by creating meaningful connections that boost brand value. Inspired by each brands' unique vision and goals, we ask "what if?" applying our expertise to create innovative solutions that reduce customer effort.
With 160,000 people around the globe - working from home or from one of our CX hubs - we securely connect best-loved brands with their customers over 8 million times every day in 50+ languages. Whether digital or voice-based, our solutions deliver a competitive edge across all customer touchpoints. Our award-winning culture is built on 40+ years of industry-leading experience and commitment to improving the employee experience.
EXP+? from Sitel Group is a flexible solution with complete cloud capability, designed to simplify the delivery of end-to-end CX services, while boosting efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction. EXP+ creates a robust ecosystem by harnessing the power of four connected product families.EEO statement
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.