As a Senior Accounting Manager, you have in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting systems, and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an efficient close and financial reporting process. You will champion accounting quality, effectively manage your team of 5-7 direct reports, deliver results under deadlines, and work effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment.
This position is a people manager role reporting to the Director of Accounting.Responsibilities
Required qualifications, skills and experienceBasic qualifications
- Lead the month-end close process ensuring timely and accurate reporting
- Manage the close calendar and the related internal and cross-functional communications
- Review monthly journal entries, reconciliations, and accounting analysis
- Support growth and development of your team
- Execute assigned controls and ensure a strong control environment across the team
- Support PwC reviews and audits
- Partner with Accounting Operations on process improvement and automation projects
- Liaison with FP&A to develop reporting requirements and drive accountability within the business
- Work across business and finance teams to develop processes that allow the team to capture data to support high accounting quality and operational reporting
- BA/BS degree with a CPA or equivalent
- 7+ years of accounting experience or 5+ years with Big 4
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP
- Excellent organization, management, and leadership skills
- Experience in a large corporation
- Experience with Oracle (Or other large well-known ERP / accounting systems)
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
SYKES IS NOW SITEL GROUP!
Learn, Lead & Grow at Sitel Group®
We believe experiences are everything, and that happy associates are successful ones. That's why we give our people the tools and the freedom to learn, grow, have fun and be themselves.
• GROW AS YOU GO. We invest in you, with internal programs, training, and initiatives to develop your skills and help you reach your goals. We promote from within. We provide you with the tools, skills, and resources to develop, both professionally and personally. You choose where you want to go; we help you get there.
• BE BOLD, BE YOU. #SitelLife represents our commitment to our people -to YOU. It's about coming exactly as you are. We empower everyone to live their truth, be themselves and use their voice -and we give them a platform to do so.
• WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE AN IMPACT. We strive to make the world a better place and empower others to do the same. We are mission-driven -and we leverage the power of our people to make a positive impact in the communities in which we live and work.
• GAIN STABILITY, EXPAND POSSIBILITIES. We celebrate successes and reward our people for the hard work they do every day. We offer benefits to keep you healthy and happy, such as paid time off and referral bonuses. Plus, fun perks like employee discounts.
• MAXIMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE. We value open, honest, and constructive conversation. We encourage you to speak up -and we listen when you do. Through MAX, our global community, we leverage our people's innovative ideas, experiences, and feedback to shape and drive the future of Sitel Group®.
As one of the largest global providers of customer experience (CX) products and solutions, Sitel Group® empowers brands to build stronger relationships with their customers by creating meaningful connections that boost brand value. Inspired by each brands' unique vision and goals, we ask "what if?" applying our expertise to create innovative solutions that reduce customer effort.
With 160,000 people around the globe - working from home or from one of our CX hubs - we securely connect best-loved brands with their customers over 8 million times every day in 50+ languages. Whether digital or voice-based, our solutions deliver a competitive edge across all customer touchpoints. Our award-winning culture is built on 40+ years of industry-leading experience and commitment to improving the employee experience.
EXP+? from Sitel Group is a flexible solution with complete cloud capability, designed to simplify the delivery of end-to-end CX services, while boosting efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction. EXP+ creates a robust ecosystem by harnessing the power of four connected product families.EEO statement
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.