Job descriptionGENERAL PURPOSE:
This position will develop and maintain procedures necessary for the daily operations of our accounting group and to lead the related accounting personnel. This position will ensure that the accounting system is properly maintained and capable of delivering information in a timely and relevant manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required qualifications, skills and experienceEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Assisting in the preparation and management of the company's financial statements by maintaining general ledgers and performing research
- Provide input on procedures and system changes that will improve quality and productivity
- The development, documentation and implementation of financial accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements and other required reports
- Provide auditors the necessary support and fulfill other audit requests throughout the year
- Monitor workload of accounting staff and adjust areas of responsibilities as needed
- Identify and resolve any accounting or reporting issues
- May perform other additional and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, CPA/ MBA is strongly preferred. Minimum 5 years of work experience with some management experience being strongly preferred.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and accounting applications
- Knowledge of Oracle accounting systems
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong communication, training and interpersonal skills
- Ability to formulate project and initiative scope, objectives, and complex systems process analysis, design, definition
- Ability to effectively present information in a group setting with senior leadership and respond to questions from the VPs, directors, managers and the operations staff
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communications skills, and be able to communicate with both highly technical personnel and executive business leaders. Must be able to translate complex technology concepts in to end-user terminology.
- Must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to effectively manage in a matrix reporting relationship, both to "subordinates" and "superiors." Scope and staff extends across multiple business units with varying reporting structures.
- Must have full conversational and reading/writing competency in English.
- Must be willing to travel 10% of the time, including possibly internationally
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.About SYKES
SYKES IS NOW SITEL GROUP!
Learn, Lead & Grow at Sitel Group®
We believe experiences are everything, and that happy associates are successful ones. That's why we give our people the tools and the freedom to learn, grow, have fun and be themselves.
• GROW AS YOU GO. We invest in you, with internal programs, training, and initiatives to develop your skills and help you reach your goals. We promote from within. We provide you with the tools, skills, and resources to develop, both professionally and personally. You choose where you want to go; we help you get there.
• BE BOLD, BE YOU. #SitelLife represents our commitment to our people -to YOU. It's about coming exactly as you are. We empower everyone to live their truth, be themselves and use their voice -and we give them a platform to do so.
• WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE AN IMPACT. We strive to make the world a better place and empower others to do the same. We are mission-driven -and we leverage the power of our people to make a positive impact in the communities in which we live and work.
• GAIN STABILITY, EXPAND POSSIBILITIES. We celebrate successes and reward our people for the hard work they do every day. We offer benefits to keep you healthy and happy, such as paid time off and referral bonuses. Plus, fun perks like employee discounts.
• MAXIMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE. We value open, honest, and constructive conversation. We encourage you to speak up -and we listen when you do. Through MAX, our global community, we leverage our people's innovative ideas, experiences, and feedback to shape and drive the future of Sitel Group®.
As one of the largest global providers of customer experience (CX) products and solutions, Sitel Group® empowers brands to build stronger relationships with their customers by creating meaningful connections that boost brand value. Inspired by each brands' unique vision and goals, we ask "what if?" applying our expertise to create innovative solutions that reduce customer effort.
With 160,000 people around the globe - working from home or from one of our CX hubs - we securely connect best-loved brands with their customers over 8 million times every day in 50+ languages. Whether digital or voice-based, our solutions deliver a competitive edge across all customer touchpoints. Our award-winning culture is built on 40+ years of industry-leading experience and commitment to improving the employee experience.
EXP+? from Sitel Group is a flexible solution with complete cloud capability, designed to simplify the delivery of end-to-end CX services, while boosting efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction. EXP+ creates a robust ecosystem by harnessing the power of four connected product families.EEO statement
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.