Job description*This is a hybrid role that requires some time worked in person at our Wise site*
This position is responsible for all aspects of Human Resources and personnel management within North America Operations as it pertains to the day to day oversight and duties of HR professionals while overseeing the Human Resources function. Oversite includes but not limited to; Employee Engagement and Retention, Leadership Development, HR Practices, Employee Relations, Employment Law & Compliance, Career Development, Management Selection, Succession Planning, Union Avoidance, Worker's Compensation, Compensation/ Benefits/HRIS/Payroll Administration, Safety & Security Compliance, Unemployment, Affirmative Action Compliance, and Sarbanes Oxley Compliance.Required qualifications, skills and experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Support Operations/Center's compliance with state/federal employment laws, corporate HR policies, and the support Operations/center's personnel policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Responsible for the identification of causes and providing recommended solutions for improving job satisfaction, reducing turnover, and enhancing employee morale.
- May provide thorough & timely employee benefits orientation and enrollment to new-hires and management training to new management staff.
- Responsible for the Operations/center's compliance with all state and federal employment and benefit laws.
- Responsible for ensuring the application of all company policies and procedures within the site.
- Acts upon and oversees the thorough and impartial investigation of all reported incidents concerning workplace harassment (sexual, ethnic, religious, etc.), discrimination, and/or other alleged illegal activities by employees.
- Maintains records and reports concerning on-the-job injuries and workers compensation.
- Assist in unemployment claims administration and may represent the company at unemployment compensation hearings.
- Responsible for all employment records being well documented, accurate, maintained, and retrievable.
- Continually and proactively coaches and counsels the Operations/center's management staff on thorough and timely employment record documentation.
- Supports a union-free environment of positive employee morale, job satisfaction, and positive attitude toward management and its' goals and objectives.
- Continually monitors, assesses progress, and recommends or takes action, as necessary, to keep positive perceptions within the center.
- Responsible for required management training as designated by Leadership.
- Assures that the Operations/Center's training practices provide equal opportunity to trainees.
- Proactively identifies areas through which new or additional training could improve the competency of the management team and the employee's understanding of company benefits,
- Proactively ascertains future employment needs and challenges through analysis of historical data, employment trends, Account Manager Communication, and awareness of the local/ regional employment climate.
- Drives partnership and synergy between on-site HR, TA, Training and Leadership Development in order to execute activities that drive a best in class candidate and employee experience.
- Manages the daily tactical components for their site - via direct ownership or through HR team members (LOA, ECF process, termination process, etc.)
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assignedDesired qualifications, skills and experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) and four year's related experience required; or a combination of education and call center experience. PHR certification preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong management and leadership skill
- Strong training and mentoring skill
- Strong PC skills; Microsoft Office & Lawson, a plu
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and ability to meet deadline
- Strong understanding of FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, ADA and EEO are also required.
- Possesses strong conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skill
- Discretion and confidentiality required
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skill
- Knowledge of labor laws & regulation
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and demonstrate flexibility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.About SYKES
SYKES Enterprise services support the worldwide delivery of quality customer care from our call centers and our large home-based workforce. Our high-performance team manages a challenging array of cloud, web- and- mobile based solutions that integrate a dispersed workforce and multiple clients. Information security, network administration and software development are part of our comprehensive global portfolio. IT professionals with a passion for challenging and meaningful work in a fast-paced industry will find a home and a rewarding career here.